- Review How Bartering Works: Get to know all the pros and cons of bartering so you're aware of what to expect.
- Be detailed: Get specific about what it is you're looking for and what it is you have to offer so that you're not pinging interested people for days only to find out it's not a good trade.
- Consider the value of the trade: What's the market value of what you have to offer or what you're seeking if it were being sold for money. You'll want the trade to even out. And on the flip side, what is the value to you? If it feels like you're making a great trade—even if the monetary values don't align—then it's probably still a fair trade.
- Don't get stuck on things: Experiences can also be traded. If you're looking to go on vacation, see if the cute little hotel would like your creative writing skills to spruce up their advertising literature. Think about bartering as the primary solution to your needs, not as an alternative, and it'll let loose the possibilities.
- Be Aware: While bartering brings back the feelings of connection and trust with other people that can get lost when only cash talks, there's definitely the possibility you could get a raw deal. Be aware about the terms of the trade.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
A FEW TIPS ON BARTERING
Thanks to Jaymi Heimbuch..
A few tips on bartering online:
Posted by BART at 10:20 PM